- City Departments
- Docks & Marina
Docks & Marina
Background and Announcements
The City of Fort Madison operates the two public boat access and launch sites: the Riverview Marina, which includes a harbor, and the Willow Patch Boat Launch Access site.
NOTICE: Due to upcoming demolition and improvement activities, the Riverview Marina closes to public access Monday, Sept. 20. In addition, Fuel sales end for the season on Sept. 13 in order to prepare for removal of the fuel dock and other docks.
The Fort Madison Marina, located at 318 Riverview Drive, will experience major renovations during Fall 2021 to create an updated, high quality facility for boaters to enjoy on their way to and from a day on the water, as well as amenities for the general public to enjoy the picturesque Mississippi River Views. Dredging and construction is set to begin at the end of September with a goal of the marina being ready for the 2022 boating season by May 15th.
Once construction is complete, a non-profit will oversee Marina and maintain a high standard of operations at the upgraded Marina facilities. All revenues from marina slip rentals will be used to maintain the facility.
• Significant Dredging
• Jetty Wall Improvements – Raising and relocating, will create a larger harbor
• High Quality Docks – Replacement of all docks with large, stable concrete docks
• Covered Docks – Intent is to cover ½ of available slips for added value
• New Fuel Dock – Replace fuel system and pump out
• Security Improvements – Cameras on docks and parking areas as well as new gates
• New Marina – Public Restrooms, ice and beverage sales
• New Restaurant / Bar and Grill – Indoor and outdoor covered seating with food,
beverages and live music
Gas hours and slip rates are yet to be determined, but will be posted on this site once determined as well as on the “The Fort Madison Marina” Facebook page. In addition, this page will feature the updated mooring agreements and Marina Rules and Regulations once updated for the new facility.
Questions: For questions concerning the project, please call City Hall at 319.372.7700 ext. 201. Please call the Fort Madison Parks and Recreation Department at (319) 372-7700 x 201 for slip rental information.
Willow Patch Boat Launch Access
Willow Patch Boat Launch Access is located at 1st Street and Avenue G and offers four launch ramps on the Mississippi River south of the Iowa State Penitentiary.