Fort Madison Housing Authority
For more information regarding the Housing Authority Board, please contact the Fort Madison Housing Authority at (319) 372-6083.
The Fort Madison Housing Authority (FMHA) is the governmental entity charged with oversight and administration of housing programs intended to assist low-income families in the City of Fort Madison. Programs include public housing and housing choice vouchers (formerly known as Section 8 vouchers).
Please take note that this page is informational only. Any communication with the Fort Madison Housing Authority must be done through phone (319-372-6083), fax (319-372-6093) or email (email@example.com). Interested individuals must complete an application to be placed on the waiting list for housing or housing choice vouchers. Applications are at the FMHA office and not available online.
Address: 1102 48th St UNIT 1, Fort Madison, IA 52627
Phone: (319) 372-6083
Job Opening: The FMHA is currently seeking applications for the FMHA Executive Director position. Position description below.
The FMHA ED is a multifunctional role that serves as the primary source of housing expertise for the FMHA and reports directly to the Board of Commissioners. This position oversees daily operations in compliance with FMHA policy and applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations. In this capacity, the FMHA ED directly oversees the staff and programs responsible for the administration of 80 elderly and disabled units, 54 family units, and 70 Housing Choice Vouchers.
Candidates for this position must possess strong leadership qualities, strong communication and collaboration skills, program management experience, excellent planning and organizational ability. In addition, aptitude with both financial management and community relations is must as the FMHA ED must effectively and efficiently direct operational budgets, improve revenue, develop and implement the FMHA strategic plan and enhance relations with the community, internal stakeholders and vendors.
Required Competencies include the ability to:
- Analyze data to inform operational decisions or activities
- Examine financial records to identify areas for improvement
- Oversee administrative activities and direct organizational operations, projects, and services
- Prepare staff schedules or work assignments
- Assess staff competencies and ongoing performance to provide quality assurance oversight
- Review activity reports and operational data to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement
- Monitor vendors to ensure services are provided in a timely manner, in accordance with contractual responsibilities, and within budgetary limits.
- Develop and execute a community engagement plan
Education or Work Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s Degree and two years of related work experience, or four years of related work experience.
To Apply: Interested candidates must submit a writing sample and have the ability to discuss relevant experience during an interview. To submit resume and relevant writing sample, please email Rebecca Bowker, Chair Fort Madison Board of Commissioners, at Rejobo74@gmail.com