Canine Corral Dog Park
Rules & Regulations
The Canine Corral Dog Park is dedicated to off-leash exercise activities with your dog. Please observe the park guidelines.
Open Daily - Dawn to Dusk
Dog Park Requirements
- To access the park, Fort Madison residents are required to obtain an annual dog license/city tag.
- Dogs must wear the city tag while in the dog park at all times.
- Owners are legally responsible for the behavior of their dog(s) at all times.
- Owners must be within the park supervising with leash readily available.
- Dogs must always be under voice control.
- Pick up after your dog. Please use the designated waste receptacles located at the entrance.
- No more than two (2) dogs per person at a time.
- Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- The City of Fort Madison shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog or equipment in the off-leash area.
- Report any dog bites, attacks, and injuries to the Fort Madison Police Department, non-emergent number at (319) 372-2525.
- In case of an emergency, please call 911.
- Please note: The Dog Park may be closed periodically throughout the year due to dangerous or damaging weather conditions.
- Food (human or pet); except for small training treats.
- Glass containers.
- Dogs in heat. Monitor un-neutered males.
- Aggressive or sick dogs.
- Puppies (under 6 months of age)
- Dog toys.
- Retractable leashes.
The Dog Park is Not a Place for Small Children
- A playful child may attract the attention of dogs.
- Friendly dogs can accidentally knock down and injure a child.
- Not all dogs are friendly. Never allow your child to approach a dog without the owner's presence and approval.
- Direct eye contact is confrontational to dogs. A child staring into a dog's face may provoke a dog unintentionally.
- Supervising a child and a dog at the same time is difficult and may put the child and other people using the park at risk.
- Children are more susceptible to contracting intestinal worms and other infections from touching grass where dog waste is present.
- For these reasons, children under 12 years of age are not recommended in the dog park.
Register Your Pet & Get Your City Tag Today!
Stop by City Hall with proof of your pet's current rabies vaccination and enjoy unlimited access to our dog park! Register between October 1st and December 31st for a discounted rate!
Fort Madison City Hall
811 Avenue E
Fort Madison, IA 52627
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
8:00am to 4:30pm
Questions? Call City Hall at 319-372-7700 x 201