The City of Fort Madison has a temporary position to fill. Under the supervision of the Finance and Public Works Director, performs duties related to customer billing, collections and customer complaints. Performs clerical work of moderate complexity and performs clerical tasks in accordance with standard procedures and methods.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Receives telephone calls, takes messages and responds to routine questions and request.
- Sorts and files materials alphabetically, numerically, chronologically and other predetermined categories, looks up information and material files, records information and notes final disposition.
- Type letters, forms and other material from copy.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Frequently performs repetitious work for prolonged periods of time.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
This is a temporary part-time position. This position will be for 28 hours a week for the next 6 weeks and then as needed.
Applications are accepted at Iowa Works.