News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/4/2019 3:06:54 PM to 11/4/2019 5:17:12 PM.
Posted on: November 5, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Leaf Burning to be Allowed November 9 to December 8
The restrictions are:
1. The open burning of leaves shall only be allowed from one hour after sunrise to one hour
2. No open burning will be allowed on any Public Street, alley or sidewalk;
3. The location of the burning area is not less than 50 feet from any structure or not less than
15 feet from any structure if an approved waste burner is used;
4. A competent person shall constantly attend all fires until the fire completed extinguished;
5. A working garden hose or other fire extinguisher is readily available for use;
6. Any fire causing a nuisance or reported discomfort shall immediately be extinguished;
7. The Fire Chief may prohibit any or all open burning when atmospheric conditions or local
circumstances make open burning hazardous.
Questions? Please contact the Fort Madison Fire Department at (319) 372-3636.