Rules for the Contest are as follows:
1. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form (see below).
2. Each entry shall include a 12-inch in diameter full color depiction and a 2-inch in diameter black and white depiction of the proposed seal.
3. Each entry will become the property of the City of Fort Madison upon submission.
4. Entrants may update the existing City seal or design a new seal. For those choosing to design a new seal, those entrants are encouraged to reflect the past, present and future of Fort Madison as well as what Fort Madison means to them in their entry.
Each entry shall include what the items/objects/persons on the seal mean, i.e., a shield may be a symbol of law and protection, a plow may be symbol for agriculture, etc.
5. An attachment showing various seals from other communities has been included.
Entries are to be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 30, 2013, to:
City of Fort Madison
811 Avenue E
Fort Madison, IA 52627
All rights become rights solely, and exclusively, owned by the City of Fort Madison when the entrant's redesign is submitted to the City Clerk.
The winning design will be announced at the Fort Madison City Council meeting on November 4, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Place - $250.00 cash
2nd Place - Individual Pool Pass (Fort Madison Municipal Swim Pool) and
Admission for 4 to Old Fort Madison, valued at $100.00
3rd Place - 10 Admission Punch card (Fort Madison Municipal Swim Pool) and
Admission for 2 Adults and 2 Children to Old Fort Madison valued at $50.00